Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Never had a blog before...

When I went to Guatemala, I sent weekly updates to everyone on my email list. Well, not EVERYONE, but a whole lot of people. They were witty and full of random observations about life in Central America. When I got back, I realized that my mom was the only faithful reader. It's okay, I'm not mad! Now that I know other people who have gone away, I realize that sometimes we don't have time to sit and read long-winded emails about hitching rides with strange men in pick-up trucks. However, every so often, we have a huge chunk of time where we can sit down and catch up with our friends from every corner of the globe...perhaps when we are avoiding that huge paper due next week, or when we're awake at 2am from the buttload of coffee we had after dinner. At any rate, instead of emails, I've decided to figure out this blog thing once and for all. If you want to keep up to date on the going-ons of Emily, well, yay. And if you don't care a rat's ass where I am and what I'm doing, maybe this blog isn't for you. And also, you're a turd.

Anyways, I set this thing up because I'm getting ready to embark on a new adventure. In three months (give or take a few days), I will be in Cuenca, Ecuador, teaching English. At this point in time, I have a bajillion things to do, I know next to nothing about the country or the culture, and I'm so excited I took my backpack out tonight and fake packed it! Yes, I'm a dork. Okay, I think that's it for now.

Always,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know I also read your emails faithfully!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! A blog. I love reading ones from other travellers of which you will soon be one again. Double Woo Hoo!

Nolana said...

I will have you know that i will be a faithful reader. I get all the blogs on my list every morning... That being said, when we move to Ethiopia, internet is slow and not widely available like it is here in Korea... so I might not be so faithful, I will check it when i can. I love reading other peoples stories. It has been one of the things that has kept me sane here in Korea... still being able to read about life at home.

I am excited to see you soon and talk about all our travels together as well as kick your butt in a game or two of Settlers.

Oh, and I loved your "turd" comment!

Happy blogging!