Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gone and Away

I have now officially left Victoria, and am en route to Ecuador. My journey includes a lay-over in Vancouver for three days before I fly out on Friday for Quito. The past few weeks have been strange, as I packed up my last 7 years in Victoria and said goodbye to the friends and family I have adopted along the way. The thing is, it doesn't seem real. I feel like I am just going for a short vacation, and will be back sometime next month. The reality is that I don't know WHEN or IF I will return to Victoria, because there is nothing holding me there any longer. I don't have my bloody degree hanging over my head anymore (thank the Lord!), and most of my close friends are moving on to bigger and better things. However, it hasn't seemed to sink in yet that I may be gone for good.

My last night was spent with a good buddy, drinking Tim Hortons and watching the sun set over the Gorge. A truly Victorian experience.

No comments: